Plaza S3x and S7x shortlisted for Lighting Design Award 2018
Written by acdc on March 6, 2018>
Our new for 2018 pocket sized powerhouses Plaza S3x and S7x are ideal for outdoor lighting applications and we’re excited to announce they have been nominated for the ‘Architectural Luminaire Exterior’ Lighting Design award for 2018.
Size matters, so new for 2018 we’ve pushed a few boundaries and added two miniature surface mounted floodlights. The smallest is no bigger than the height of your credit card.
And if that’s not enough, both luminaires pack a kick ass lumen output. Expect no less than a market leading size to output ratio.
For the first time, architects and lighting designers can achieve the outdoor lighting scheme they want using a truly discrete (non-distracting) pocket-sized luminaire.
As part of our comprehensive Plaza family, which extends to an output of 320 & 700 lumens, we are now able to offer a complete architectural floodlight range. A range that can be precisely matched to the most specific project requirements – and maintains design continuity.
As detailed below, our new Plaza S3x and S7x are fully loaded with design innovations. Innovations to achieve impressive lit effects that ooze with quality while ensuring the comfort of all users. From a single light source, to a built-in internal snoot, to our new Clean Bean Design, these miniature Plaza floodlights offer many new performance features.
As you’d expect (we hope) from any acdc luminaire, Plaza S3x and S7x benefit from all the typical features listed below:
- Quick and easy installation – We know installation costs time. And time costs money. That’s why Plaza’s robust but slim-line IP67-rated power and data cable can be hidden without any trunking.
- Plaza S7x also features an internal junction box. This enables through wiring, which decreases contractor installation times with little visual impact on the design. It also allows multiple fixtures to be connected and tuned together. Perfect for simple outdoor lighting schemes where you don’t need individual control.
- 2 step McAdam ellipse guaranteeing lighting continuity and consistency across each and every project
- Long lifetime in excess of 50,000hrs, thanks to innovative design, engineering and thermal management (and of course, efficient LEDs (>90 Lm/W))
- 5 year guarantee
Using the captivating power of light, we enable our customers to be creative with light to change the way people see or react to buildings, environments and the space around them.
We make the normal interesting. We make icons iconic. We make the exciting amazing and the impressive unbelievable.
We believe lighting should be about the lit effect, not the fitting. It’s part of our design ethos.
New for 2018, our Plaza portfolio of architectural floodlights now includes two miniature luminaires. Starting at size no bigger than the height of your credit card, they pack a kick ass lumen output to offer a market leading size to output ratio for outdoor lighting applications.
- Same height as a standard credit card (78mm(h) x 48mm (w) x 37mm (d))
- Output: 300 lumens
- Choice of optics: 12°, 33°, 45°, 46×11°
- Slightly bigger but still compact (122mm (h) x 75mm (w) x 62mm (d))
- Output: 600 lumens
- Choice of optics: 10°, 12°, 33°, 45°
Both floodlights offer a choice of four optics. From a super narrow 10° beam to a generous 45° flood, architects and lighting designers can ensure accurate light placement. Regardless of whether that’s a skinny tree trunk or substantial pillar.
Plaza S3x and S7x are available in custom RAL colours or white, grey and black variants as standard. Whether the colour scheme is a funky lime green or neutral Cotswold stone, Plaza seamlessly integrates into the space, unseen by day and by night.
- Adjustable fixing bracket from +90°/-120° for detailed on-site focusing
- Choice of colour temperatures (2700/3000/4000K)
- Surface, ground spike and tree strap mounting options
- Compact size (enough said).
- Single light source design, intelligent positioning of ultra powerful LEDs and a built-in internal snoot.
- These features produce concentrated, uniform lighting with no splitting of the beam. You’ll also get superior shadow quality as well as maximum glare control
- Plaza’s Clean Beam Design ensures outstanding control of the beam angle and cleanliness/purity of the overall lit effect.
This is achieved by designing the fitting around the LED and intelligent positioning of the LED on the board. Ultimately, the Clean Beam Design allows vertical surfaces to be illuminated with minimal light spill, making Plaza S3x and S7x perfect for highlighting narrow architectural features within columns or pillars.